jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Changing the content/properties of mix:versionable nodes without creating a new version
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2010 17:35:59 GMT
Hi,

2010/7/6 Fabián Mandelbaum <fmandelbaum@gmail.com>:
> So. Can I modify the code above in any way to be able to create
> versions of files as I wish, or do mix:versionable nodes must always
> have a new version created when one of its properties change?

See the checkout() method. When you checkin() a node, a new version is
created and the node enters the "checked in" state in which it can not
be modified. Callin checkout() moves the node to a "checked out" state
where it can be modified. Only when you call checkin() again is a new
version created based on the current contents of the checked out node.

BR,

Jukka Zitting