jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Indexing subsystem jackrabbit 1.6.2
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 15:44:49 GMT
On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 08:47, Natasha Vakulenko
<natasha.vakulenko@gmail.com> wrote:
> The question is: if I want to index large files when the content becomes
> available for search? Immediately after the save() or through some
> unspecified time?

The search index update must generally be an atomic part of the save()
operation, according to the JCR spec.

http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/1.0/6.6.7_Search_Scope.html

However, full text extraction of binary files can take a long time and
would block the save() calls unnecessarily. Therefore those run in the
background if they don't finish within a short amount of time.

See earlier posts on the mailing list:

http://markmail.org/message/t2kpgmtliopgonvs
http://markmail.org/message/syt7lc2guzapt7la

Regards,