jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@day.com>
Subject Re: RepositoryCopier and multi-valued properties
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 09:57:19 GMT
On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 10:00 AM,  <Sascha.Theves@innovations.de> wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> thanks for your reply. I have made an issue for the described problem:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-2678
>
> Here you will find further informations about the node type definition and how to reproduce
the problem.

> Could you explain your described workaround there in more detail?
>
> I have set the priority to "Blocker" because we can not release our product with that
exceptions.

it might be a "blocker" for the release of your commercial product but since
the overall usability of jackrabbit is not affected i don't consider
it a blocker.

cheers
stefan

> Thanks for your help.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Sascha

Stefan Guggisberg
> Gesendet: Donnerstag, 15. Juli 2010 18:36
> An: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
> Betreff: Re: RepositoryCopier and multi-valued properties
>
> On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 6:25 PM,  <Sascha.Theves@innovations.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have just tried it with jackrabbit 1.6.1 release and I do not get these exceptions.
>>
>> I tried it both times with a complete fresh installation of the jackrabbit repository.
>
> this is most likely a regression of
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-2170,
> which was fixed for 1.6.2.
>

>> Should I make an Issue for that?
>
> yes please, and please provide detailed instructions how to reproduce the issue.
>

>> Is there a workaround for the described problem? I am asking because it is very critical
for us because it seems that you have corrupted your repository data after the restoring of
the backup.

> your node type definitions could probably be made more strict by e.g.
> disallowing residual definitions.
> how is vr:ignore declared? what's the node type definition of the
> node's node type?
>
> cheers
> stefan
>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Sascha

up when I try to get the values of a multi value property with

>> property.getValues(...)
>>
>> Stack Trace is:
>>
>> java.lang.RuntimeException: property /vr:repo_area/RuleRepository/vr:project_area/Movie
Ticket Pricing/bin/vr:ignore is a single-valued property, so it's value can not be retrieved
as an array