jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ard Schrijvers <a.schrijv...@onehippo.com>
Subject Shareable nodes and access control
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2010 11:12:07 GMT
Hello,

>From the spec jsr-283 I cannot get my head around one thing:

* What is the expected behaviour of modifying child nodes of shared
nodes, when you are not allowed to read the child nodes of one of the
shared nodes (because of some access path constraint for example).

Another thing that I am curious about, though I have to look into the
code still, is how searching for shareable nodes with path constraints
& access work out.

 I assume it should work as:

1) Without path constraints, searches return me the 'principal'
location of shareable nodes.
2) With path constraints, I assume a hit is returned that matches the
path constraint, and thus might be not the 'principal' location
3) With access, and this is the tricky one as this is *not* known
during Lucene query time, it should return me a node that might be not
the 'principal' one because of I am not allowed to access the
principal one (how does this relate to the hit collapsing, which I
assume already happens during Lucene query for performance reasons)

Well, I admit I still have to dive into the code, but I was just
wondering how these case should be handled in general

thx for any feedback

Regards Ard