jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Will Scheidegger <willscheideg...@mac.com>
Subject OCM 1.6 CollectionDescriptor.getJcrType()?
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2010 10:18:22 GMT
Dear list

I'm trying to use OCM in a project or two - but for now I'm simply running a few tests with
the "5' with Jackrabbit OCM" sample [1]. Things work out quite nicely (atomic fields, beans),
but unfortunately I cannot seem to get the collections to work. My java objects setup looks
like this:

PressRelease -1-------------n- URL

Now I would like this object graph to be stored in the repo as follows (N = Node, P = Property,
node type behind node in parenthesis):

N (testPressRelease) pressrelease1

   --- P date
   --- P title
   --- N (mgnl:contentNode) urls

         --- N (pressReleaseURL) url1
         --- N (pressReleaseURL) url2
         --- N (pressReleaseURL) url3

QUESTION 1: What would my collection descriptor have to look like?

I tried with:
- fieldName: url
- jcrName: url
- elementClassName: test.package.URL
- jcrType: mgnl:contentNode

and always got an exception like "javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: no matching
child node definition found for {}urls". (The node type definitions are listed below for those
interested in the details.)

Looking at the code of DefaultCollectionConverterImpl (line 114) I noticed that the node type
is not passed to the addNode() method when creating the collection node. So I guess the system
fully relies on the node type definition, looking for a child node definition for that name
to get the info to build the collection node? Isn't this a bit... "static"?

QUESTION 2: What is the CollectionDescriptors "jcrType" for? I tried to change the behavior
of the DefaultCollectionConverterImpl class so that it would look at jcrType and pass this
on as the type to use when adding the collection node. Unfortunately this broke about 1/3
of the unit tests. So what's the intention here? Should I write a custom converter class if
I want a more dynamic approach than the node type definitions?

Thanks!
-will

Details of the node type definitions:

The parent node in my case is of the type "testPressRelease". It is defined as follows:

dataItem is defined as:

autoCreated="true" defaultPrimaryType="mgnl:metaData" mandatory="true" name="MetaData" onParentVersion="COPY"
protected="false" sameNameSiblings="false"><requiredPrimaryTypes><requiredPrimaryType>mgnl:metaData</requiredPrimaryType></requiredPrimaryTypes></childNodeDefinition></nodeType>

dataItemBase is defined as:

dataBase as:
autoCreated="false" mandatory="false" multiple="false" name="*" onParentVersion="COPY" protected="false"
requiredType="undefined"/><childNodeDefinition autoCreated="false" defaultPrimaryType=""
mandatory="false" name="*" onParentVersion="COPY" protected="false" sameNameSiblings="true"><requiredPrimaryTypes><requiredPrimaryType>nt:base</requiredPrimaryType></requiredPrimaryTypes></childNodeDefinition></nodeType>

[1]: http://jackrabbit.apache.org/5-with-jackrabbit-ocm.html