jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Julia Dain <julia.d...@blackpepper.co.uk>
Subject Problem with full text search on PDFs
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2010 13:53:02 GMT
I have got a problem with Jackrabbit 2.1.0 and full text search on PDFs.

I have created a repository containing several plain text and PDF
documents using the Java APIs. I am able to use the Java API to perform
full text search on the text documents, but not the PDFs.

When I use the CLI to the standalone server to execute this query

[/] > xpathquery "//element(*, nt:file)[jcr:contains(jcr:content,

the result is 11 file nodes, correctly. But with the Java API and code:

String sql = "SELECT * FROM [nt:resource] AS resource WHERE
CONTAINS(resource.*, '%Typographical%')";
Query query = queryManager.createQuery(sql, Query.JCR_SQL2);

the result is no nodes returned.  Thanks for any help on this.

Julia Dain

View raw message