jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Sebastian Lindstaedt" <Sebastian.Lindsta...@vaberlin.de>
Subject Repository shuts down unwanted (JBoss JCA)
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 10:10:23 GMT
Hi,

First, my config:

JBoss-eap-5.0
Jackrabbit 2.0.1 (configured as described in the Wiki: http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/JackrabbitOnJBoss)

Now to the problem:

Right now the Repository starts when the application uses it and afterwards it shuts down,
even while the JBoss is still running (I see from the API that this is the intended behavior
of TransientRepository). Where can I configure that I don't want to use TransientRepository.
(What should I use instead?) Because everytime the Repository gets (re)started my Application
has to wait for it. I have seen someone using a "keepAliveSession" (http://docs.jboss.org/jbossdna/0.1/manuals/gettingstarted/html/example_application_review.html)
is this the way to go? I don't like having an open session to prevent the repository shutting
down.
What I would like to have is that the Repository is started when the JBoss is booting and
is shut down when the JBoss goes down. (in Jackrabbit 1.4, I had exactly that desired behavior
without any additional configuration)

Regards,

Sebastian