jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Benjamin Brown <benjamin.br...@thisisnumero.com>
Subject RE: ItemImpl.validateTransientItems preventing import
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 10:45:32 GMT
Hi Stefan,

Don't worry it was a user error - I was importing content at the first node in the export
rather than the parent of the first node in the export, i.e. I was importing /cms:Content
at /cms:Content instead of /

Thanks for your help,

Benjamin

-----Original Message-----
From: stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com [mailto:stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Stefan
Guggisberg
Sent: 07 July 2010 12:51
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: ItemImpl.validateTransientItems preventing import

hi benjamin,

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 12:19 PM, Benjamin Brown
<benjamin.brown@thisisnumero.com> wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> Okay so I've tried exporting a top level node under the root however its now complaining
that I don't have the base path I am importing with, i.e. javax.jcr.PathNotFoundException:
/cms:Content

> /cms:Content is the top level path I exported from (and can see in the system view xml)
and I expected to be imported?

i am not sure i can follow you here. do you mind providing some lines of code?

cheers
stefan

> Thanks,
>
> Benjamin

Guggisberg
> Sent: 07 July 2010 11:06
> To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
> Subject: Re: ItemImpl.validateTransientItems preventing import
>
> On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 11:59 AM, Benjamin Brown
> <benjamin.brown@thisisnumero.com> wrote:
>> I have a system view export that I'd like to import using session.importXML with
UUID_IMPORT_COLLISSION_REPLACE_EXISTING unfortunately the method ItemImpl.validateTransientItems
keeps throwing an exception:

{http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0}system does not exist

>> Technically this is correct, the transient view does not contain this node because
jackrabbit cannot import protected system nodes.

>> So Catch 22, how do I export and then import jackrabit's root if
>
> you can't ;) you'll have to export/import your top-level application
> nodes separately.
>
> cheers
> stefan
>

>> i)                    It won't import system nodes.
>>
>> ii)                  Complains anyway if the system node is missing (i.e.
that provided by the import)?