jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Benjamin Brown <benjamin.br...@thisisnumero.com>
Subject RE: ItemImpl.validateTransientItems preventing import
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 10:19:12 GMT
Hi Stefan,

Okay so I've tried exporting a top level node under the root however its now complaining that
I don't have the base path I am importing with, i.e. javax.jcr.PathNotFoundException: /cms:Content

/cms:Content is the top level path I exported from (and can see in the system view xml) and
I expected to be imported?

Thanks,

Benjamin

-----Original Message-----
From: stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com [mailto:stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Stefan
Guggisberg
Sent: 07 July 2010 11:06
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: ItemImpl.validateTransientItems preventing import

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 11:59 AM, Benjamin Brown
<benjamin.brown@thisisnumero.com> wrote:
> I have a system view export that I'd like to import using session.importXML with UUID_IMPORT_COLLISSION_REPLACE_EXISTING
unfortunately the method ItemImpl.validateTransientItems keeps throwing an exception:

> javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: /jcr:root: mandatory child node {http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0}system
does not exist

> Technically this is correct, the transient view does not contain this node because jackrabbit
cannot import protected system nodes.

> So Catch 22, how do I export and then import jackrabit's root if

you can't ;) you'll have to export/import your top-level application
nodes separately.

cheers
stefan

This email has been scanned for viruses by www.epagency.net