jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Benjamin Brown <benjamin.br...@thisisnumero.com>
Subject ItemImpl.validateTransientItems preventing import
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 09:59:59 GMT
I have a system view export that I'd like to import using session.importXML with UUID_IMPORT_COLLISSION_REPLACE_EXISTING
unfortunately the method ItemImpl.validateTransientItems keeps throwing an exception:

javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: /jcr:root: mandatory child node {http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0}system
does not exist

Technically this is correct, the transient view does not contain this node because jackrabbit
cannot import protected system nodes.

So Catch 22, how do I export and then import jackrabit's root if

i)                    It won't import system nodes.

ii)                  Complains anyway if the system node is missing (i.e. that provided by
the import)?

Am I missing something obvious here? The repository only has its own existing system nodes
prior to import.

Thanks,

Benjamin