Thx Thomas
replace the class with the one you suggest but the problem remain

and I found this line in the log file

Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDataSource$PoolGuardConnectionWrapper cannot be cast to oracle.jdbc.OracleConnection
    at oracle.sql.BLOB.createTemporary(BLOB.java:587)

I sent the jackrabbit config I use in my app

Regards
Rinaldo