jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Tony Giaccone <tgiacc...@masslight.net>
Subject Slightly out of the norm... (perhaps)
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2010 16:28:03 GMT

I've been working with sling, which has an embedded version of Jackrabbit.  If you check out
the sling code, the repository by default uses DERBY as it's Persistence manager.

I'd like to swap out Derby for a more traditional database. I'd like to use Oracle. However,
I'm working with a client where I have to VPN in  to get to the clients DB and that makes
using it more complicated. So as a first step because I can easily run Postgres on my lap
top. I worked on swapping out Postgres for Derby and after a bit of work was able to successfully
do so.

However, the client actually uses Oracle, and I need to be able to use Jackrabbit with Oracle
as the persistence manager. I assumed that once I understood how to get one JDBC based data
source working a second would be relatively easy. However, I seem to have hit a roadblock
and I'm not sure why. This doesn't feel like a JDBC driver issue, but I'm not sure where the
problem is.

To get Oracle working,  I've added the oracle drivers to the build and changed the repository.xml
file to indicate the appropriate information for the oracle configuration.

This is the stanza of XML Im using to configure the Persistence manager.

        <PersistenceManager class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.OraclePersistenceManager">
            <param name="url" value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@oraclehost.mycompany.com:1521:MyDev"
/>
            <param name="user" value="document_manager"/>
            <param name="password" value="document_manager"/>
            <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="jcr${wsp.name}_"/>
            <param name="tableSpace" value="" />
            <param name="externalBLOBs" value="false"/>
        </PersistenceManager>

The error I'm getting at start up is:

in /usr/local/glassfish/domains/domain1/config/sling/_sling/jackrabbit (org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.ConfigurationException:
Replacement not found for ${wsp.name}.) org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.ConfigurationException:
Replacement not found for ${wsp.name}.

I dont' understand why there should be a problem with wsp.name. Is there something I'm missing?

Tony Giaccone