jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Tobias Bocanegra <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: Cancel checkout
Date Sun, 13 Jun 2010 23:06:55 GMT
hi,
this is how it's specified by jsr283. see comments about restore and
simple-versioning http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/2.0/15_Versioning.html

mainly:

15.7.1 Simple vs. Full Versioning Before Restore
Under simple versioning, if N is checked-in then it is automatically
checked-out before the restore is performed.

15.7.7 Simple vs. Full Versioning after Restore
Under simple versioning N is automatically checked-in.

But i can see the need for a 'cancel checkout' also for simple
versioning. maybe jsr283 is not too clear about that, but IMO a
restore to the base version should not create a new version for simple
versioning, neither. because it makes no sense.

maybe you can create a jira issue for this so we can follow up on this?

regards, toby

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 8:58 AM, Dieter Wachters
<dieter.wachters@lettergen.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using simple versioning. Can this also be considered an issue or is this intended
behavior for simple versioning?

> Regards,
>
> Dieter
>

> Dieter Wachters
> Architect
> direct:
> dieter.wachters@lettergen.com
>
> LetterGen
> Groene Hofstraat 31
> 2850 Boom
> Belgium
> www.lettergen.com
> tel: +32 3 450 89 80
> fax: +32 3 450 89 89
>
> - DISCLAIMER -
> This message contains confidential information and is intended only for users@jackrabbit.apache.org.
If you are not users@jackrabbit.apache.org, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy
this e-mail. Please notify dieter.wachters@lettergen.com immediately by e-mail if you have
received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission
cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted,
lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Dieter Wachters therefore
does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which
arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy
version.

to hear if this isn't breaking something.