jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Müller <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: repository size
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2010 13:04:20 GMT
Hi,

> our repository folder is very big

Do you know which part is big?

If it's the datastore folder, I'm afraid there is little you can do
except running data store garbage collection from time to time. Using
a database data store could reduce the size, specially if you have
compressible data (XML, HTML,...) and if you use a database that does
support compressing BLOBs (such as the H2 database).

If the Lucene index is big maybe you could change the index configuration?

If the database is big the only solution I have is to use a different
database that needs less space, such as the H2 database.

> If we switch to a newer version, will this make things better?

I'm afraid no.

Regards,
Thomas