jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From bright guo <birght.g...@gmail.com>
Subject jackrabbit package zip instead of jar
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2010 08:47:14 GMT
Hello everyone,

I am a newbie of jackrabbit. I am starting from the first-hop tutorial. I
downloaded the standalone server release (
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/jackrabbit/2.1.0/jackrabbit-standalone-2.1.0.jar).
The package that i got is a zip instead of jar.

How could i make it run? Also, according to the description for the
standalone server, it can be simply run through Java VM. I am wondering how
it works to expose web interface (accessible at http://localhost:8888). Does
it have a web server by itself or i need to deploy on a app-server - TomCat
or Jboss?

Hope someone could shed some lings on this.

Thanks ahead,
Bright