jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Fabián Mandelbaum <fmandelb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XML files with external DTD indexing
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2010 11:29:03 GMT
Jukka, any idea on when that 1.6.2 release will be ready?

I'd like to know if we can try to switch our app from 1.4 to 1.6 so
Max can remove his working-but-rather-ugly workaround anytime soon.

Thanks in advance.

2010/5/26 Maxime Bégnis <maxime@neodoc.biz>:
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Jukka Zitting a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> 2010/5/26 Maxime Bégnis <maxime@neodoc.biz>:
>>
>>> I use Jackrabbit 1.4
>>>
>>
>> The XML parser in Jackrabbit 1.x unfortunately doesn't prevent the
>> loading of external resources. This is issue is solved by the
>> Tika-based parsers used in Jackrabbit 2.x.
>>
>>
>>> I found a tricky workaround, I set the system properties for the default
>>> XML parsers to custom parsers of mine :
>>> [...]
>>> The application contains a lot of libraries dealing with XML stuff, so I
>>> hope this trick won't break anything(it didn't so far).
>>>
>>
>> An alternative and more localized fix would be to patch the
>> jackrabbit-text-extractors code with the following extra method in the
>> org.apache.jackrabbit.extractor.ExtractorHandler class:
>>
>>     public InputSource resolveEntity(String publicId, String systemId) {
>>         return new InputSource(new ByteArrayInputStream(new byte[0]));
>>     }
>>
> It is better indeed.
>
>> If there's demand, I can include this fix in the upcoming 1.6.2 release.
>>
> This would be great.
>
>> BR,
>>
>> Jukka Zitting
>>
>>
>
> Maxime Bégnis
>



-- 
Fabián Mandelbaum
IS Engineer

Mime
View raw message