jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From danisevsky <danisev...@gmail.com>
Subject asynchronous EventListener - session has been closed
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2010 09:58:59 GMT
Hello,
I want to build a wicket (brix) photo gallery with jackrabbit backend. This
gallery automatically creates different size images whenever an image is
uploaded. For instance, you upload an image, and it will create a thumbnail,
a mid-size preview, a larger image, and of course still store the original.
Or it may watermark images.

So I added EventListener:

session.getWorkspace().getObservationManager().addEventListener(listener,..

and this EventListener creates thumbnails after image upload.

Here's my problem: EventListener creates only one (sometimes none) of three
thumbnails and then throws javax.jcr.RepositoryException: this session has
been closed.

because my wicket application close all alive sessions on the end of request
cycle and EventListener is asynchronous. Synchronous event listener is not
part of jcr API and in addition I read that synchronous event listener
should never write to the repository using the same session that was used to
create it.
Could someone give me a advice what is the best way to solve it?