jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From John Doe <nicu4...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Cancel checkout
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2010 13:02:43 GMT
Hi,

One solution (more like a workaround) is to restore the properties' values.

Node frozenNode = node.getBaseVersion().get("nt:frozenNode");
// for each of your node property, get the value from the frozen node an set it to the node
session.save();

This workaround leaves one problem: the node remains checked out.

________________________________
From: Dieter Wachters <dieter.wachters@lettergen.com>
To: "users@jackrabbit.apache.org" <users@jackrabbit.apache.org>
Sent: Tue, June 8, 2010 3:39:03 PM
Subject: Cancel checkout

Hi all,

When a node is checked out and optionally changes are done on this node, I want to be able
to discard these changes and undo the checkout without creating a new version.

I already found a thread about this:
http://jackrabbit.510166.n4.nabble.com/Cancel-checkout-td517753.html
But this solution was the one I'm already using and always generates a new version.

My code currently looks like this:
session.getWorkspace().getVersionManager().restore(session.getWorkspace().getVersionManager().getBaseVersion(path),
true);

Can someone help me to stop generating the new version on this 'uncheckout' functionality?

Kind regards,

Dieter Wachters

Dieter Wachters
Architect
direct:
dieter.wachters@lettergen.com

LetterGen
Groene Hofstraat 31
2850 Boom
Belgium
www.lettergen.com
tel: +32 3 450 89 80
fax: +32 3 450 89 89

- DISCLAIMER -
This message contains confidential information and is intended only for users@jackrabbit.apache.org.
If you are not users@jackrabbit.apache.org, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy
this e-mail. Please notify dieter.wachters@lettergen.com immediately by e-mail if you have
received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission
cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted,
lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Dieter Wachters therefore
does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which
arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy
version.