jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Justin Edelson <justinedel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Slightly out of the norm... (perhaps)
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2010 16:32:32 GMT
Tony-
I should have thought of this before, but is it possible this is the PM
configuration inside the Versioning element? I think that would explain
the error.

If not, you should probably post the *whole* repository.xml file.

Justin

On 6/25/10 12:28 PM, Tony Giaccone wrote:

> I've been working with sling, which has an embedded version of Jackrabbit.  If you check
out the sling code, the repository by default uses DERBY as it's Persistence manager.

> I'd like to swap out Derby for a more traditional database. I'd like to use Oracle. However,
I'm working with a client where I have to VPN in  to get to the clients DB and that makes
using it more complicated. So as a first step because I can easily run Postgres on my lap
top. I worked on swapping out Postgres for Derby and after a bit of work was able to successfully
do so.

> However, the client actually uses Oracle, and I need to be able to use Jackrabbit with
Oracle as the persistence manager. I assumed that once I understood how to get one JDBC based
data source working a second would be relatively easy. However, I seem to have hit a roadblock
and I'm not sure why. This doesn't feel like a JDBC driver issue, but I'm not sure where the
problem is.

> To get Oracle working,  I've added the oracle drivers to the build and changed the repository.xml
file to indicate the appropriate information for the oracle configuration.

> This is the stanza of XML Im using to configure the Persistence manager.
>
>         <PersistenceManager class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.OraclePersistenceManager">
>             <param name="url" value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@oraclehost.mycompany.com:1521:MyDev"
/>
>             <param name="user" value="document_manager"/>
>             <param name="password" value="document_manager"/>
>             <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="jcr${wsp.name}_"/>
>             <param name="tableSpace" value="" />
>             <param name="externalBLOBs" value="false"/>
>         </PersistenceManager>
>

> The error I'm getting at start up is:
>
> in /usr/local/glassfish/domains/domain1/config/sling/_sling/jackrabbit (org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.ConfigurationException:
Replacement not found for ${wsp.name}.) org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.ConfigurationException: