jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: Get JSON with JcrRemotingServlet
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2010 08:02:12 GMT
hi ista

> I read in the javadoc JcrRemotingServlet
> (http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api/2.1/org/apache/jackrabbit/server/remoting/davex/JcrRemotingServlet.html)
> it's possible to do a "batch read" - an HTTP GET I suppose ? in json
> format.

> Could you please give me an exemple, because I understand nothing.

> I want to do an HTTP GET to get the value of a jcr node, and a response
> in json format.

what do you mean by 'get the value of a jcr node'?

did you already deploy the jackrabbit-webapp.war?
this comes with some introduction and examples...

intro for batch read:

and a simple form to test it:

- type in the path of the node you want to be read
- define how many levels deep you want be included in the response
- and finally select the last param just for display purpose.

if you just want to read the value of a single property there
is no need for 'batch' reading... you simply request the property's
representation which in case of the jcr-remoting is a separate
dav resource (non-collection).

hope that helps.

> Thanks.

View raw message