jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Mat Lowery <mlow...@pentaho.com>
Subject how can roles/groups be distinguished from users?
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 13:16:19 GMT
> I am working on jackrabbit, how can roles/groups be distinguished from
users?

Speaking about Jackrabbit 1.6 (although I believe 2.0 is similar):

If you're talking about ACLs, then the recipient in each ACL is of type
java.security.Principal.  You can test if principals are instanceof
java.security.acl.Group.  This will tell you if the principal is a
group/role or not.

A org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.principal.PrincipalProvider is
responsible for converting a String into a principal (or group).