jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Neil Corbet <ncor...@towerhillservices.com>
Subject Jackrabbit, OraclePM, and open scoped lock time outs.
Date Thu, 20 May 2010 14:10:55 GMT
Hello Everyone,

    I am currently developing a GWT application that uses RPC calls to retrieve
objects from a jackrabbit(1.5.7 in Tomcat6) repository through JCROM.The
repository is in an oracle database and I am using the
OraclePersistenceManager.
    Due to the stateless nature of my web-app, I do not have active
jcr sessions that I can session scope locks on a node. Therefore,
I need to create an open-scoped lock. I will manually maintain
the lock token and attach it to the next session I open when I am
ready to perform some function on the locked node.
However,I am concerned about users shutting the app down
and leaving these nodes locked. So, I am wanting to set a lock
timeout for my repo, does anyone know how this is done using an
Oracle db and the OraclePM?

Thanks,
    Neil