jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From JOSE FELIX HERNANDEZ BARRIO <jose.hernan...@isthari.com>
Subject Re: bug in javadoc
Date Tue, 04 May 2010 14:45:36 GMT
Hi,

> Actually the 'official' way to run garbage collection is documented here:
>

> http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DataStore#Running_Data_Store_Garbage_Collection_.28Jackrabbit_2.x.29

I think this way is suitable for standalone instances, but for an embedded
jackrabbit (jackrabbit inside a web app) perhaps this is a better method

            session = repository.login(new SimpleCredentials(user,
password.toCharArray()));
            SessionImpl impl = (SessionImpl)session;
            DataStoreGarbageCollector gc =
impl.createDataStoreGarbageCollector();

            try {
                gc.mark();