jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Tom Anderson <tom.ander...@e2x.co.uk>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit and WORM
Date Wed, 19 May 2010 16:35:42 GMT
On Wed, 19 May 2010, Cech. Ulrich wrote:

> I wanted to know how jackrabbit can be used in judicial environment in
> conjunction with a WORM storage system. Background: The storage system
> must store the data, so that the data cannot be edited, deleted,
> overwritten, so the best way to go is to use a WORM. There is a good
> system (FAST LTA) which does the work (the datastore directory is then
> on a network share, the the Silent Cube stores the data files
> undeletable).
>
> But another law says, that you need to delete the data, if a customer
> cancel a contract with you, and you have to delete his data from your
> storage (that is impossible for a WORM). So, is there any experience
> dealing with this? Can jackrabbit be configured to store the data
> encrypted in his datastore? If the customer cancells the contract, you
> can delete the key and the data is lost (equal to deleted).

Keep each customer's data in a separate repository, on a separate disk. If
they cancel their contract, remove the disk and send it to them, with
instructions on how to destroy it securely. Charge them for this.

tom

--
Tom Anderson                |            e2x Ltd, 8 Elder Street, London E1 6BT
(e) tom.anderson@e2x.co.uk  |  (m) +44 (7960) 989794  |  (f) +44 (20) 7194 8016