jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ross.Dy...@ipaustralia.gov.au
Subject Re: Not returning any result when I am doing text search from added file from jackrabbit [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
Date Thu, 13 May 2010 00:06:56 GMT
I use the inputstream from the file to create an instance of
javax.jcr.Binary, and set that, not just the inputstream.  I dont know if
the code that reads the text contents uses the mime type to know how to
read the data, but I would say it probably does.

        Node file = appNode.addNode(documentId, "nt:file");
                    Node resource = file.addNode("jcr:content",
"ed:docreftype");
                    InputStream in = new FileInputStream(fileName);

                    Binary binary =
session.getValueFactory().createBinary(in);
                    binary.dispose();

                    resource.setProperty("jcr:data", binary);
                    String mimeType = null;
                    if (fileName.endsWith(".txt")) {
                        mimeType = "text/plain";
                    }
                    else if (fileName.endsWith(".xls")) {
                        mimeType = "application/vnd.ms-excel";
                    }
                    else if (fileName.endsWith(".ppt")) {
                        mimeType = "application/mspowerpoint";
                    }
                    else {
                        mimeType = "application/octet-stream";
                    }

                        resource.setProperty("jcr:mimeType", mimeType);

Ross