jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jenni Pothu" <Jen...@virtusa.com>
Subject RE: Lucene search should create index of Jackrabbit repository
Date Wed, 12 May 2010 12:12:34 GMT
Hi Alex,
        Thanks for the reply and information. It is very useful. Using Jcr:contains I am able
to search on the node content. But I need to search the file content also. It's not working
with Jcr:contains. Thanks again for the needful.

Thanks,
Jenni

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexander Klimetschek [mailto:aklimets@day.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 4:20 PM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: Lucene search should create index of Jackrabbit repository

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 11:52, Jenni Pothu <Jennip@virtusa.com> wrote:
>      I am new to Jackrabbit and lucene search.. Actually I have a
> requirement like when I click on the search button it should do the
> lucene search like it should create index  of Jackrabbit repository and
> do the search on the repository files. Lucene should be able to do
> search on the Jackrabbit repository files(Here Jackrabbit repository is
> something like datasource). I am not getting any information on this.
> Please help me if you have any idea or sample programme. Thanks in
> advance.

JCR has built-in search capabilities, including full-text search.
Jackrabbit already uses a Lucene index to implement this:

http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/1.0/ (section 6.6 for xpath, section 8.5 for sql)
http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/2.0/ (section 6 for aqm/jcr-sql2)

A simple xpath fulltext search query looks like this:

//*[jcr:contains(., 'my search terms')]

Here is some tutorial to get you started:
http://sujitpal.blogspot.com/2007/09/more-jackrabbit-using-xpath-queries.html

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek
alexander.klimetschek@day.com

This message, including any attachments, contains confidential information
intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is intended for the addressee only. Any
unauthorized disclosure, use, dissemination, copying, or distribution of
this message or any of its attachments or the information contained in this e-mail, or the
taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this message.