jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jenni Pothu" <Jen...@virtusa.com>
Subject RE: Can we add text files to jackrabbit repository [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
Date Fri, 07 May 2010 03:51:52 GMT
Hi Ross,

         Thank you Ross. I misunderstood the concept. Now I got some
idea. Thank you very much.

Regards,

Jenni

From: Ross.Dyson@ipaustralia.gov.au
[mailto:Ross.Dyson@ipaustralia.gov.au]
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2010 5:46 AM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: Can we add text files to jackrabbit repository
[SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Jenni

I think you misunderstand what happens when you put stuff in the
repository.

Nodes are stored as data, not as obvious "things" (file representations
of the data)  in the file system.

Even when you have the configuration to store files in the file system,
they do not magically appear as your files in the file system.  They are
there, but the names are changed to enhance the storage of the data.

When I started I made a simple war file and used the default jackrabbit
search.jsp to find the nodes I had added, and then added a page that
starts with items in the root of the default workspace and allows you to
walk down the tree, listing the nodes and their attributes.

I hope this helps to get you started.

Ross.