jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Lucene search should create index of Jackrabbit repository
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 10:50:00 GMT
On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 11:52, Jenni Pothu <Jennip@virtusa.com> wrote:
>      I am new to Jackrabbit and lucene search.. Actually I have a
> requirement like when I click on the search button it should do the
> lucene search like it should create index  of Jackrabbit repository and
> do the search on the repository files. Lucene should be able to do
> search on the Jackrabbit repository files(Here Jackrabbit repository is
> something like datasource). I am not getting any information on this.
> Please help me if you have any idea or sample programme. Thanks in
> advance.

JCR has built-in search capabilities, including full-text search.
Jackrabbit already uses a Lucene index to implement this:

http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/1.0/ (section 6.6 for xpath, section 8.5 for sql)
http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/2.0/ (section 6 for aqm/jcr-sql2)

A simple xpath fulltext search query looks like this:

//*[jcr:contains(., 'my search terms')]

Here is some tutorial to get you started:
http://sujitpal.blogspot.com/2007/09/more-jackrabbit-using-xpath-queries.html

Regards,
Alex

--