jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Narendra Sharma <narendra.sha...@gmail.com>
Subject Persistence Manager - Query on Concurrency
Date Mon, 17 May 2010 01:37:50 GMT
I am learning about Apache JackRabbit and trying to understand the Bundle
Persistence Manager. I observed that the methods (load and exists) in the
er are synchronized. Is there any specific reason why they are synchronized?
The only reason I can think of is that it has been kept so to keep both
cache and persistence store in sync. Is this reason "the reason"?

Also, If I understand correctly there will be a single instance of
Persistence Manager. If this correct then synchronization of methods like
load, exists and store would mean that only one operation can happen at a
time. This is a serious limitation esp when the repository is large and
cannot fit in the cache.

What is the best way to handle multiple concurrent writes through
Persistence Manager? Shall I implement my own Persistence Manager and not
extend AbstractBundlePersistenceManager? Do you see any design and
implementation issues that would prevent me from doing this? What are other