jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Persistence Manager - Query on Concurrency
Date Tue, 18 May 2010 10:15:41 GMT
On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 20:46, Narendra Sharma
<narendra.sharma@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am not sure if I understand it correctly. How would many sessions help if
> there is single instance of Persistence Manager and methods in it are
> synchronized. All threads will be blocked and only one will go through.
>
> This is very basic issue. So either I am missing something or I am not using
> it the right way.

Just believe us and all the people using Jackrabbit for years already ;-)

A large part of Jackrabbit core is the management of transient and
persistent item states (nodes and properties) within so-called item
state managers. The relevant item state manager ensures
synchronized/serialized calls to the persistence manager used.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek