jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no>
Subject Re: Hot-backup strategy
Date Tue, 25 May 2010 11:22:43 GMT

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 1:12 PM, Ian Boston <ieb@tfd.co.uk> wrote:
> From a RDBMS point of view, if the vendors tools claim consistency, then that what you
will get, only for the RDBMS.

> You will need to do
> DB backup
> Datastore (assuming file persistence) backup , since its append only and will be consistent
with the DB.
> in that order.

Thanks for your quick reply.

OK, so backup the DB first, then the datastore directory. Fine.

Just to be clear: You're saying that a hot RDBMS backup should be
consistent (thus restorable), even when the backup is run while
Jackrabbit is writing to the DB?

Do you yourself use this procedure?

> You might also need so capture the local lucene index state, but that starts to get complicated.
I cant remember how it rebuilds from scratch (if it does)?

The Lucene index is rebuilt if it is missing on Jackrabbit startup, AFAIK.

--
Vidar S. Ramdal <vidar@idium.no> - http://www.idium.no
Sommerrogata 13-15, N-0255 Oslo, Norway