jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Error creating file with square brackets in filename
Date Mon, 17 May 2010 11:06:32 GMT
On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 08:59, Furio De Nardis <fdenardis@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I believe that square brackets are used in JCR paths to address multivalued
> properties and same name siblings.

Same name siblings only. You can't directly access a value in a
multivalue property, only the property itself.

> I don't know about a "standard" way to escape them, but, if I understand your
> scenario, you may choose your own "escape" sequence, provided that you restore
> the original filename when returning it to the user/client.

Just to complete the discussion, here is the specification (identical
for JCR 1.0 and 2.0):

Illegal characters for node names:
http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/2.0/3_Repository_Model.html#NamingRestrictions

And the escaping rules:
http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/2.0/3_Repository_Model.html#ExposingNonJCRNames

which are implemented by Text.escapeIllegalJcrChars(String), as
mentioned already.

Regards,
Alex

--