jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jcr 2 mix:lifecycle
Date Fri, 14 May 2010 13:44:21 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 3:32 PM, Daniel Varga <danielvrg@gmail.com> wrote:
> So the question is whether it is meant to define application specific
> lifecycle so that I can define my states, transitions and actions (or
> listeneres for state changes) or is for managing repository implementation
> specific lifecycle that is not to be customized by an application built on
> top?

The JCR spec leaves the details of the lifecycle feature up to the
repository implementation to decide.

The current implementation in Jackrabbit is summarized in the javadocs
of the NodeImpl.assignLifeCyclePolicy [1] and
NodeImpl.getAllowedLifecycleTransitions [2] methods. There is
currently no support for lifecycle actions or state change listeners
(beyond normal JCR observation), but you can define your own lifecycle
states and transitions as described in [2].

[1] http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api/2.1/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/NodeImpl.html#assignLifecyclePolicy(javax.jcr.Node,
java.lang.String)
[2] http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api/2.1/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/NodeImpl.html#getAllowedLifecycleTransistions()

BR,