jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Davide Maestroni <davide.maestr...@gmail.com>
Subject Export DataStore
Date Wed, 26 May 2010 14:47:24 GMT
Hi all,

I would like to know the best way to export the files stored on the file
system, using the "org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.FileDataStore" data store
implementation, to a web site.
Let me explain my problem in details. I have a Jackrabbit repository storing
a lot of image files, and I need to publish such images to a web site. In
order to avoid the overhead of querying each time the repository to get the
correct file, I tried the following solution: I copied the whole directory
used by the FileDataStore to another directory on my server, using rsync to
keep the two synchronized. Then the idea was to serve the files to the
clients by setting the "Expires" header to the maximum time allowed in the
future (sort of "forever"). In this way I could take advantage of the
garbage collection mechanism already implemented in the data store, so that
one file would have immediately expired as soon as it was no more available
in the data store directory, i.e. as soon as its content would have changed.
And here is my issue: I couldn't find a way to map the original file name to
the one generated by the FileDataStore.
Can anybody suggest me a way to do that? Or maybe I am just on the wrong way
and you can suggest me a better approach for publishing the images...

Thanks in advance,

Davide