jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Sling or not Sling ?
Date Mon, 17 May 2010 16:15:42 GMT
On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 18:10, Alexander Klimetschek <aklimets@day.com> wrote:
> Sorry, but I have to fully disagree. Sling is *totally* MVC:
>
> - model = JCR repository
> - controller = Sling engine (url processing, resource + script resolution)
> - view = custom rendering scripts/servlets, both for read and write (GET + POST)
>
> The good thing is that you only have to design the model (simple, once
> you got some JCR experience) and write your views. No custom fiddling
> with the controller, ie. url regexp matching, OCM mappings and all
> those ugly things ;-)

And I forgot: since the model (with its unstructuredness) and
controller are "standardized" by JCR and Sling, Sling can easily
provide standard servlets such as the JSON renderer and the Sling POST
servlet.

And you can provide generic servlets as well, that work for all
content and not just for specific types.

Spring MVC and co don't really help you with that, they are just a big
bunch of "static utility methods" :-).

Regards,
Alex

--