jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: AccessControlProvider on security workspace. (JR2)
Date Fri, 14 May 2010 18:59:45 GMT
Ian Boston wrote:

> Do you think there would be a problem extending the rep:Group node  from
>
> [rep:Group] > rep:Authorizable
>   - rep:members (WEAKREFERENCE) protected multiple < 'rep:Authorizable'

> [rep:Group] > rep:Authorizable
>   - rep:members (WEAKREFERENCE) protected multiple < 'rep:Authorizable'
>   - rep:managers (STRING) protected multiple
>   - rep:viewers (STRING) protected multiple

> I am not asking that the spec be extended since thats JSR work, just if its going to
conflict with things in the future that you know of ?

the user management currently doesn't for part of the JCR spec.
it's a jackrabbit specific extension due to the fact we at
Day have the need for user management.

as far as i understood: you want to cover access control functionality
with those 2 properties. is that correct? if this is the case i would
rather define a mixin. without having thought about it carefully that
would look more appropriate to me since the 2 properties are not
intrinsic characteristics of a Group itself but [in JCR lingo] rather
belong to an access control policy that may be applied or even be
effective by default on a specific group node.

modification of those properties thus is from my point of view rather
a question of being allowed to manipulate the access control of the
group node than of changing the groups properties or adding/removing
a member from the group...

but that's just my gut feeling without knowing the details behind your
questions.

hope it helps anyway
regards
angela