jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit 1.6 and DavEx ?
Date Tue, 04 May 2010 14:32:19 GMT
hi john

> Concerning the problem 2 (move), here is an example :
>
> jcrSession.move(
>             fichierNode.path,
>             fichierNode.parent.path + '/' + 'newName')
>
> fichierNode.setProperty( JcrConstants.ELIOT_DATE_MODIFICATION,
> Calendar.getInstance() )
>
> jcrSession.save() => throws javax.jcr.PathNotFoundException: <old path>
>
> The problem is solved when I update the property before the move.

depending on the nature of your "fichierNode" this
could be the same as JCR-2472, which has been fixed for 2.1

> For the problem 1, I give you a short description followed by my concrete
> code.
> I have 2 mixin types, let's say A and B, with B that inherits A.
> When I add the type A, and then the type B I get an exception
> javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException:
> no matching property definition found for ...
> It works when I save the session after adding the type A.

>     *jcrSession.save() => Without that save it works with the Repository
> from core, but not with a webdav connection*

not sure, but the reason for this might be that in jcr2spi mixin types
are only effective on a given node *after* save() [1].
in this part jcr2spi works different than jackrabbit-core since
jcr2spi doesn't not have the ability to create autocreated items
such as e.g. defined by mix:referenceable and mix:versionable and
may not be able to detect conflicts arising from adding the mixin
type. this is therefore delegated to the SPI implementation.

regards
angela

[1] see section "10.10 Node Type Assignment" of the specification
     and the following quote from the javadoc of Node#addMixin:
     "Semantically, the new node type may take effect immediately,
      on dispatch or on persist."