jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Fabián Mandelbaum <fmandelb...@gmail.com>
Subject Problems with hot backup of running JackRabbit 1.4.11 repo with rsync
Date Mon, 03 May 2010 14:32:44 GMT
Hello there,

    I have a JackRabbit 1.4.11 repo running in-process (Model 1
deployment) for my application. This repo is configured to use a
DataStore, like this:

<DataStore class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.FileDataStore"/>

>From what I read about the DataStore at
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DataStore, and about backing up at
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/BackupAndMigration, I see that hot
backup (backing the repo up while it's running) is supported for this store.

So, I go and happily fire rsync -rvP repo_location/ backup_location/

The 1st time it takes some time, because, as expected, it has to copy
all files.

Right after the rsync finishes, I try to run it again, exactly the same
CLI, the repo's usage is very low, or even none... however rsync
transfers *all* files again, as if they've all changed.

Why is rsync transferring all files again? If use is low or none,
shouldn't the repository files for the running repository be the same as

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

View raw message