jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ian Boston <...@tfd.co.uk>
Subject Re: Sling or not Sling ?
Date Tue, 18 May 2010 10:38:59 GMT

On 17 May 2010, at 17:46, Alexander Klimetschek wrote:

> Sling's eventing can be used as a basis for the execution of
> workflows, and JCR's observation is a perfect triggering mechanism.
> The workflow engine in our CQ5 product is built on both (but it has
> its own workflow model).

In this context the following might be of interest to Sling users:

http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KERN-523
http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KERN-521
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/KERNDOC/KERN-521+Rules+Engine+and+Rules+Storage
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/KERNDOC/KERN-523+Activity+Based+Workflow+Engine
http://github.com/ieb/open-experiments/tree/master/slingtests/osgikernel/contrib/drools/drools-engine/

The work is not complete, but AFAIK the only bindings are to Sling (none to Nakamura/Sakai).

I have it scheduled to be done by mid/late June all going well.
This only addresses runtime, design and simulation is all addressed through Drools own tooling.

Ian