jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Hervé Agnoux <herve.agn...@diaam-informatique.com>
Subject Re: Sling or not Sling ?
Date Sun, 23 May 2010 12:40:40 GMT
Thanks to all for your very interesting answers.

I've tried sling as standalone server, 15mn tutorials and all basic beginner,
and even curl. All work good.

My impression : it is too elaborate for me.

I want to do an informative web site, with content and web page. So I imagine
my content (jsp and some framework in javascript, java, xml, etc etc etc), and
content (jackrabbit).

So I want some JSP, I don't want a JCR Node with a JSP.

Or a GIF, not a JCR Node gif. I'm afraid to say to a designer "Put your 1 bit
transparent GIF in this JCR node! "

And to make my webapp I work with maven, I use maven dependencies only, I
don't use bundles OSGI, and now I don't want.

... Perhaps I don't see something in doc ?

For me the best world should be all Rest access to JCR with curl mecanism ( a
little complicated but very useful), and make My pom, My war... and jackrabbit
of course.

Le mardi 18 mai 2010, Ian Boston a écrit :
> On 17 May 2010, at 17:46, Alexander Klimetschek wrote:
> > Sling's eventing can be used as a basis for the execution of
> > workflows, and JCR's observation is a perfect triggering mechanism.
> > The workflow engine in our CQ5 product is built on both (but it has
> > its own workflow model).
> In this context the following might be of interest to Sling users:
> http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KERN-523
> http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KERN-521
> http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/KERNDOC/KERN-521+Rules+Engine+an
> d+Rules+Storage
>  http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/KERNDOC/KERN-523+Activity+Based
> +Workflow+Engine
>  http://github.com/ieb/open-experiments/tree/master/slingtests/osgikernel/c
> ontrib/drools/drools-engine/
> The work is not complete, but AFAIK the only bindings are to Sling (none to
>  Nakamura/Sakai).
> I have it scheduled to be done by mid/late June all going well.
> This only addresses runtime, design and simulation is all addressed through
>  Drools own tooling.
> Ian

View raw message