jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From lawern <lars.wer...@agentes.de>
Subject Is a repository on a network file share possible?
Date Fri, 07 May 2010 12:17:28 GMT

Hi,

I use JackRabbit 2 in my application as an embedded library.
Is it possible to create a repository on a network file share (UNC path:
\\my.server\repository)?

Currently, I use the following code to create the repository:

     repository = new TransientRepository(new
File("\\my.server\repository"));

Unfortunately, I get the following Windows (XP) error message:

    "Delayed Write Failed" (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330174)

And the following exception in Jackrabbit:

    javax.jcr.NoSuchWorkspaceException: security
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.getWorkspaceInfo(RepositoryImpl.java:786)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.getSystemSession(RepositoryImpl.java:985)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.getSecurityManager(RepositoryImpl.java:471)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.login(RepositoryImpl.java:1496)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.TransientRepository.login(TransientRepository.java:360)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.commons.AbstractRepository.login(AbstractRepository.java:123)

Does anyone know a solution for this problem?

Thanks,

Lars Werner