jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Gadbury <gadb...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: NodeIterator.getSize() returns -1 for query with order by clause
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 16:58:22 GMT

Thanks for the response, Alex.

The order by trick does not always work.  Not being able to determine if a
certain query returns -1 or a valid number when sorted is bad news.  I had
assumed that I would not get a -1 if I used order by.

Back to the drawing board then, I guess.  I thought I had nailed our paging
solution.  The example I have read regarding Google Mail's count of your
inbox seems invalid as mine knows precisely how many items are in my inbox
on the first load.

On 14 April 2010 14:18, Alexander Klimetschek [via Jackrabbit] <
ml-node+1839776-23308717-35600@n4.nabble.com<ml-node%2B1839776-23308717-35600@n4.nabble.com>