jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Dario Louzado <louza...@gmail.com>
Subject Mixing deployment models
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2010 19:25:35 GMT
Hi, I´m testing jackrabbit 2.0.0 (and soon 2.1.0). We are using a mixed
deployment model:
   - Model 2 - shared J2EE resource
   - Model 3 - repository server accessed by another app using JCR on top of
WevDav.

I user Model 2 for administrative tasks like registering new node types. I
use model 3 for my content app (creating nodes, connecting nodes and so on).
Both are pointing to the same "default" workspace.

What is happening:

1) I register a new NodeType "X" via web app accessing repository using
Model 2. Thats OK. Nodetype "X" is there in the repository.
InputStream is =
getClass().getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream(CND_DOCUMENTO);
Reader cnd = new InputStreamReader(is);
CndImporter.registerNodeTypes(cnd, s);
s.save();

2) Content app tries to access NodeType "X" (via JCR on top of WebDav/model
3), but it is not accessible after connecting to the same repository and
workspace. The new nodetype simply is not there.

    @Override
    public NodeTypeIterator getAllNodeTypes() throws RepositoryException {
        NodeTypeIterator result = this.jcrSession.getWorkspace().
            getNodeTypeManager().getAllNodeTypes();
        return result;
    }

    // connect to model 3 server using the following URL:
    // http://myserver:8080/jackrabbit/server

Is there any limitation with WebDav access concerning custom nodetypes? Or
is there any limitation with mixing deployment models?