jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Rob Brown <rlb.so...@gmail.com>
Subject Creating a custom AccessManager
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2010 22:27:40 GMT
I'm trying to enhance SimpleJBossAccessManager to use information from our
user database. I'm hoping that someone can answer a few questions for me:

1) How should I test for permissions now that READ, WRITE & REMOVE are
deprecated? i.e. if ((permissions & WRITE) == WRITE) {...}

2) I resolve permissions by path so what is the best way to resolve
ItemId's? Should I let code in the AccessManager login to jackrabbit to
retrieve the node by uuid (thus getting the path) or is there an easier way
to get this? It seems odd to let an AccessManager attempt to login itself
while it is processing a login request from somewhere else.

3) Should I be enhancing SimpleAccessManager instead? This class also
extends AbstractAccessControlManager which makes it more complex, but is
that complexity I will need at some point?

4) Is there any documentation that explains how the jackrabbit security
model works? I'm feeling a bit lost.

My user database is quite simple. It maps user names to passwords & groups
that the user belongs to. From the groups I can determine what jcr paths a
given user should have access to. I'm using jackrabbit in embedded mode.

I would appreciate any advice that relates to this task.