jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From ChadDavis <chadmichaelda...@gmail.com>
Subject use case for checked-out
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2010 22:21:43 GMT
I understand how the checkin() and the checked-out property work.  But
I'm a bit confused on the use case.  For instance, I'm creating a
simple content management system.  This system support version
control.  When I commit a version of document, the document node is
then left in the check-out=false state, rendering it read only.  When
I later edit the document, and save those edits, I checkout the
document node prior to saving my changes.  All is understood.

However, I'm unclear about what the purpose of the read-only checked
out status is?  Perhaps it doesn't necessarily provide anything to my
simple system, but I'm interested in what cases this is useful . . .