jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From ChadDavis <chadmichaelda...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Workspace.copy() versus Workspace.clone()
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 15:17:58 GMT
On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 8:36 AM, Angela Schreiber <anchela@day.com> wrote:
> ChadDavis wrote:
>>
>> I understand that clone() creates a corresponding node.  Does copy()?
>
> did you already look at the API and the specification?

Yes.  And the specification seems confusing, so I asked on this list.
In particular, the specification specifically references corresponding
nodes, but in an unclear way, while discussing copy.

"10.7 Copying Nodes
Nodes can be copied from one path location to another within a workspace and,
in repositories with more than one workspace, across workspaces (see §3.10
Multiple Workspaces and Corresponding Nodes). A copy operation on a node
copies the node and its subgraph. Properties cannot be copied individually.
"

I couldn't understand why the copy would reference corresponding nodes
if it doesn't create corresponding nodes.  What is the purpose of this
reference?