jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: novice question - photo gallery
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2010 12:24:29 GMT

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 5:49 PM, danisevsky <danisevsky@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...I am new in jackrabbit and would like to write web (wicket) photo
> gallery. I am thinking about this structure:
> data/pictures/gallery/original/
> data/pictures/gallery/processed/1024x768/
> data/pictures/gallery/processed/64x64/

I would do it a bit different, upload to /tmp/incoming or something,
observe this folder and then move/reorganize based on picture
metadata, dates or another unique scheme.

Going by date I'd do something like

Having all the content of mypic under the same folder usually makes it
easier to manage.

And, as Michael indicates, using a chronological structure gives you a
tree which is convenient to navigate and avoids having too many
children per parent node.

View raw message