jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Cinnamon Scudworth <principalscudwo...@gmail.com>
Subject after deleting version, name is unexpected
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2010 20:43:20 GMT
I'm using Apache Jackrabbit to store versioned data. I'm following the
template listed on the Jackrabbit wiki for versioning basics, but
there's one thing that isn't working as expected.

After I run the code from the wiki, I try saving another version of
the node, then getting its version string:

child = parentNode.getNode("childNode");
child.setProperty("anyProperty", "Blah3");
Version thisVersion = child.checkin();

The output of this code is 1.0.0 , when I want it to be 1.1 . My goal
is to be able to remove the last -- and only the last -- version of a
node, and have the next saved and checked in version have the same
name as the removed version. I only care about doing this when the
node is being added; if I can check in the node, and read the name (to
get the version number) without an exception being thrown, I'm fine
with not being able to remove the version. Looking around the
internet, I can't find a way to accomplish this.

View raw message