jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Sane file hierarchy when persisting file/folder nodes
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2010 08:52:28 GMT
2010/4/1 Tim TerlegÄrd <tim.terlegard@gmail.com>:
> Is it possible to get a nice file hierarchy and not these random
> numbers? And is it possible to store the files as plain text instead
> of binary?

No. In order to provide the features that JCR offers (eg. finer
granularity) compared to a normal file system, it is hard to map it
1:1 to the file system, while still being performant.

See also http://markmail.org/message/3o26qhrls2u4sj4q

I would recommend to use the H2 or Derby embedded BundleDBPMs together
with a FileDataStore for best performance and full local storage.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek