jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Migrating repository from File system to DB
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 08:54:12 GMT
On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 09:50, Robina Arora <rarora2@csc.com> wrote:
> In my project there is a requirement to migrate the JCR repository from
> File system to DB system. I have done the migration successfully. But now
> I want to compare the two repositories in order to confirm that all the
> documents along with their versions have been migrated without any
> failure.

First of all, most persistence managers have a consistency check
option that you should run first, because it's probably the fastest:
http://wiki.gxdeveloperweb.com/confluence/display/GXDEV/How+to+repair+a+'corrupt'+JCR

Then, to compare the actual data with the original copy, iterate over
the two repositories and compare the nodes and properties. You would
probably run one repository as transient and the other remotely, using
davex, to reduce delays as much as possible.

If it is only about (nt:)files, you could also mount both as webdav
and have a shell script that does that iteration and uses some
(binary) diff tool to compare the data.

Regards,
Alex

--